Saint George Antiochian Orthodox Church celebrates the purchase of 2.7 acres of property adjoining their church.
Sunday, February 19, 2012, following Liturgy the clergy and parishioners of St. George walked next door to bless the new property. It is nothing short of miraculous that this property has come into the possession of the parish. There are many possibilities for the use of this land, but the parish has no immediate plans. There is a 1915 farm house on the property that is in poor repair, but not beyond the possibility of restoration. The property has many fine trees and will make a nice park for outdoor recreation in the period before development. In fact, there is enough room to allow for incorporating a park area into what ever development is done in the future.