Various Locations Throughout Portland: Including St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, the Hellenic – American Cultural Center and Museum, St. Clare Parish, St. Stephen's Church, St. Mary's Cathedral, and Trinity Episcopal Cathedral,.
Journey to Light is an introduction to icons and chant designed to be interesting and meaningful to both the general public and the more serious academic, religious, artist, musician or student.
On the Journey, you will:
- Learn from knowledgeable and engaging speakers casting light on the world of icon and chant
- Listen to performances of Russian, Byzantine, and Latin polyphonic chant
- View two unique exhibits: one of icons from the Pacific Northwest, the other about all things Byzantine
- Tour the icons in local churches, with iconographers as your guide
- Experience icons and chant as paths to the Divine
- Fill your life with light and beauty
The Festival is presented in cooperation with Cappella Romana, Cantores in Ecclesia, the Iconographic Arts Institute, and the Trinity Iconography Institute at Trinity Episcopal Cathedral. It is co-hosted by St. Nicholas Orthodox Church and St. Clare Parish.
For more information and to register go to www.journeytolightpdx.com.
Or contact: 503.244.1037 ext. 107; firstname.lastname@example.org