As we are preparing for a New Year and decluttering our hearts and homes, it is a wonderful time to clear out some of the homeschool books and resources we have accumulated over the years! We have many Orthodox homeschooling families in the area and would love to be a blessing to those needing to both offload and glean upcoming curriculum needs. Holy Apostles in Vancouver, WA is hosting a FREE homeschool resource gleaning to be a blessing for our parish families in the area and to connect with other Orthodox homeschooling families in the area!
If you would like to bring any curriculum, manipulatives, educational materials, icons, orthodox books/resources, or have interest in attending, please contact Ita McIlvain by email or text (details below). We’d love to get a ballpark figure of how many people to prepare for! Books, icons, and other resources in other languages would also be lovely!
Remember, there is NO COST or requirement to attend or participate!
Free tea and coffee will be provided (as well as some baked treats provided by our youth to purchase by donation. Proceeds will go towards our future building fund).
WHEN: SATURDAY JANUARY 29TH FROM 9AM-2PM
WHERE: Holy Apostles Orthodox Church
3214 N Street
Vancouver, WA 98663
MATERIALS DROP OFF: anytime between now and Friday, JANUARY 28th
(this will give us a chance to organize everything to make the gleaning easier for everyone!). **Resources may be dropped off at the parish around service times or with Ita McIlvain upon prior arrangement.**
CONTACT: Ita McIlvain 360-606-9709 Shirelingparents@gmail.com
DETAILS OF NOTE:
- We ask that all attendees bring their own bags and boxes if they are able to! We will also supply some sturdy paper bags if anyone has need of some.
- We will leave the decision to mask to attendee’s personal discretion. We ask that attendees be compassionate to others and mindful of others in their decisions and interactions and to keep the colds at home:)
- We advise parents to keep mobile little saints at home, but understand that it isn’t always an option! All are welcome. We hope this process is as seamless as possible, so please be mindful of your little ones and their kinesthetic proclivities if they attend with you
- We ask that attendees be reasonable in selection process. We would love for these resources to bless as many families as possible!
- DO share with other local Orthodox families who could benefit from sharing or acquiring resources!