All Orthodox youth grades 8-12 are welcome to attend a Lenten Youth Retreat on April 12-14, 2013. The retreat theme is
Repentance, Confession & Spiritual Fatherhood
For: Grades 8-12 for all Orthodox Churches in Portland
Location: Canby Grove Christian Center, 7501 S. Knights Bridge Rd., Canby, OR. 97013
Cost: $90 per person
What’s going to happen: Lots of Faith & Fun: Ice Breakers & meeting Orthodox people, skits, mini-Olympics, Lenten services & liturgies, confession, breakout sessions, hanging out at the café & more!
Contact: George Demas for interest, registration & details at email@example.com, or contact your parish priest or youth director.
Notes specifically for priests
- Please review the schedule and let us now if you have any thoughts or concerns.
- Generally, all priests are welcome to join us. We are in need of multiple confessors for Saturday April 13 from 3-5pm and we would love if many of you can make it. If you'd also like to serve or send your choir for the Akathist service on Friday, Matins on Saturday morning or for Great Vespers on Saturday night then please email Christopher Banke or myself. We definitely need a priest to liturgize Sunday morning for Orthros/Liturgy because Fr. Dimos will lead us in chant.
- General rule is that Holy Trinity is the spiritual father of camp since we have prepared the vision and are the main organizers, so if there is any issues before or during camp they should be sent to our Proistamenos Fr. Jordan Brown. FYI, Metropolitan Gerasimos might actually be in town this weekend so we will ask him to join our kids at some point in the weekend if he is here.
- Again, it would be nice if any of your church choirs (kids attending or adult volunteers) can pick a service and chant at least one of the services chanted above except for Sunday. We'd love to see different jurisdiction offer their authentic music and language. English and other languages encouraged.
Special Notes for everyone
- We would like a minimum of 40 kids and our maximum is 80 kids. The first 80 kids to have an official RSVP through their parish and to notify George Demas or Christopher Banke will make the retreat. After they RSVP and youth leaders form your parish contact the directors then registration forms and details will be sent to them.
- We need at least 10 counselors preferably aged 18-40 to stay with the kids in the cabins. We will need about 8-10 more adults on Friday or Saturday to help with snacks, setting up and running a few activities, and assisting the directors, Christopher Banke and George Demas. Details for staff TBA but please let us know soon if you have willing counselors and staff members because we will need to set a meeting with them and give details for their roles. Please look at the schedule and tell them that they can offer advice for scheduling once we meet.
- Please keep in mind that both Portland and Beaverton School District students have Friday April 12 off from school so some of your kids should have no problem getting to camp on time or completing some homework before the retreat.
- Price of retreat is $90 per overnight person. Clergy, campers, staff, & counselors should go through their own parish if financial assistance is needed. There are nice rooms for overnight clergy or staff.
- Please use our flier to advertise in your community.
- Questions go to:
Christopher Banke, Annunciation: firstname.lastname@example.org
George Demas: email@example.com or 503.234.0468, ext 34