Local liturgical vocal ensemble KLIROS will sing Pavel Chesnokov’s panikhida. This memorial service is offered in memory of World War I.
When: Saturday, November 10, at 7pm (after Vespers), reception following
Where: St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, 2210 SW Dolph Court, Portland, OR 97219
ST. JOHN NATIVITY RETREAT: “Beauty and the Orthodox Way,” on November 9-10 (Friday evening through Saturday all day).
The speaker will be Dr. Timothy Patitsas, Asst. Professor of Ethics at Holy Cross School of Theology.
A suggested donation of $25 will cover the retreat costs, including a continental breakfast and lunch. Please RSVP to the church office at email@example.com.
7:00 pm – Session I
8:30 pm – Dessert Reception
9:00 am – Liturgy
10:00 am – Light Continental Breakfast
11:00 am – Session II
1:00 pm – Lunch
2:00 pm – Session III
4:00 pm – Great Vespers
Choir workshop with Benedict and Maria Sheehan
- Benedict Sheehan is Director of Music at St. Tikhon Seminary & Monastery and Artistic Director, Chamber Choir of St. Tikhon’s Monastery.
- Maria Sheehan is a Professional vocalist & Voice instructor.
Saturday, September 22, 2018
Church of the Annunciation, Milwaukie, Oregon
- 11:00-12:00: Registration, Lunch
- 12:00-1:00: Vocal workshop with Maria Sheehan
- 1:00-2:30: Repertoire Rehearsal with Benedict Sheehan
- 2:30-3:00: Q&A: The Mission of Orthodox Musicians in America
- 3:00: Refreshments
- 8:00: All-Night Vigil, S.Rachmaninov, St. Mary’s Cathedral.
Benedict Sheehan will be appearing as guest conductor.
Suggested donation for the workshop & lunch fee is $30 per participant.
Welcome to St. Mary’s Romanian Orthodox Church‘s 15th annual festival!
13505 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97233.
September 1st & 2nd, 11am-8pm.
See the attached flier for details.
St. Nicholas Orthodox Church invites you to Vespers on Saturday, August 25, followed by refreshments, bookshop and presentation on the Convent of St. Elisabeth (Minsk, Belarus) with Sister Maria.
2210 SW Dolph Ct, Portland, OR, 97219. Vespers begin at 6pm.
Please take this special opportunity to support beautiful work and mission of the sisters.
Agia Sophia Academy invites you to Greek Open Golf Tournament on Tuesday, September 18, at Langdon Farms Golf Club.
Golfer registration is $125. Dinner only is $50. For more information and to register, please visit http://go.asapdx.org
Love books? Love browsing? Or perhaps just want to clear space on your book shelves? Come to the Kliros Book Swap! Dispose of old books and browse for new ones!
Nominal fee to bring and leave books or exchange for “new” ones. Left-over books will be sold or recycled.
Location: St Nicholas Orthodox Church, 2210 SW Dolph Court, Portland, Oregon 97219
Click the image below to download the flier:
Holy Trinity Summer Camp registration is now open!
Dates are Sunday, July 8th – Friday, July 13th for those entering 3rd grade – 12th grade. It is $285 per camper and $200 for each additional camper in a family. Financial assistance is available.
The registration is streamlined to make it easier this year. Immunization dates are no longer needed, with the exception of the camper’s most recent Tetanus immunization.
There is also important information (packing list, theme nights, dress code, drop off/pick up times, etc.) on the intro section of the registration. Those registering be sure to read this as it will answer most of your questions.
To register, go to http://app.campdoc.com/register/holytrinity
Please know registration will close on June 30th and all accounts will be locked out, so the medical staff can prepare for camp. For any questions, please contact Presbytera Stephanie Paris at 503.477.4600.
Vacation Church School at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral is coming soon from Monday, June 25th-Friday June 29th! It is open to all children entering Kindergarten through 5th Grade. There is still time to register, so please register now!
St John’s Family Camp is looking for a banquet cook to handle all menu planning, ordering, and food preparation for their 2018 event.
Event Dates: August 5-10, 2018
Approximate number attending: 100-150 people
Location: Sky Camp (Fall Creek Area)
The proper candidate will be able to manage the following:
- Plan a menu including breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks for 5 days
- Comfortable working with specific dietary requirements including
- Orthodox Christians who will be fasting during three of these meals (no animal products during these times).
- Comfortable completing the majority of your food prep alone.
- Volunteers assigned for a period before and during each meal.
- Volunteers will cover all dishes dining room cleanup.
- Confident working within assigned food budget.
- Responsible for sourcing all ingredients.
- Responsible for ensuring all food items make it onsite.
- Responsible for overseeing or delegating dining room set up and family style food service.
If interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include previous experience, resume, and cover letter.